Standards and Metrology Institute
SMI Certification is a unit under the Standardization Directorate of the Standards and Metrology Institute within the Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority. Currently, SMI Certification offers the following certification schemes.
- MSA EN ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management System Certification
- MSA EN ISO 14001:2004 - Environmental Management System Certification
- MSA EN 14804:2005 - Language Study Tour Providers Certification
- Organic Farming - Council Regulation (EC) No. 834/2007
- MSA 2000:2009 - Public Health Pests Management Systems
- MSA 1400:2006 - Motor Vehicle Repair Garage Management Systems
SMI Certification - Policy
It is the policy of the SMI Certification to provide its clients with a value-for-money and competent certification services without discrimination, whilst ensuring confidentiality and impartiality.
The certification services shall fulfil the requirements of the relevant National and International standards in particular MSA EN ISO/IEC 17021:2006 and their relevant guidelines. The above policy objectives shall be met through the employment and ongoing training of professional staff and the consistent application and continual review and improvement of the SMI Certification Quality Management System.
SMI Certification - Services
- Motor Vehicles